Here are some of our current limitations and guidelines:
○ All CLASSES WILL BE BY RESERVATION ONLY!
We are currently limited to 5 people per class.
We have divided the building into the 2 separate sides to allow for 2 classes at one time, as each side meets the requirements for an individual building.
**Signup info/link to reserve each class will be below.
○ Each class can only be 30 minutes in length.
○ We are required to have a disinfecting period after every class, so we have allotted for 15 minutes to get one group out, clean, and allow the next in.
○ We cannot have spectators / parents / siblings waiting in the lobby. Parents may remain to watch from outside the windows, maintaining social distancing or wait in their cars.
○ Students will not be allowed to run out into the parking lot after class. Please make sure you are ready to meet your child at the door after their 30 minute class. We also cannot have any late pickups as all students have to be out before cleaning and starting the next class.
○ Students waiting for their class must wait outside, keeping social distance of 6 feet from the next person. Areas will be marked.
○ Students will have a designated section of the floor only for their use, as well as any equipment needed that day. All equipment will be sanitized before each new class.
○ We ask that students come wearing their uniforms.
We realized this goes against are usual policy that students do NOT wear their uniforms outside class. However, we are not allowed to have changing rooms and must request students change at their homes.
○ All Students and Employees are required to be temperature checked before they come into the facility.
○ All Students and Employees must use the available hand sanitizer before entering the facility and as they leave.
○ As with all businesses we must state that Masks are recommended.
Please note, however, that we will be limiting how strenuous class is to allow for those that option to wear masks to breathe properly. Students will also be positioned at least 6 feet from the next person.
○ Our Bathroom facilities are only to be used for emergency purposes. Please use the restroom at home before coming to class.
○ The drinking fountain will be unavailable as required by the state. Please bring a water water if you need it.
○ We are encouraging the use of Dojo Mat Sox, Gripper Socks, or lightweight non-marking shoes while in class during this time. These socks/shoes MUST be clean and free of all dirt. No outside shoes will be allowed.
○ Storage spaces will be limited. Please do not bring an additional equipment/gear bags etc at this time. Please limit use of cubby to shoes and coat if needed.
○ Temporary signage will be up to inform the community and our students of the public health guidelines and standards of behavior.
The new requirements unfortunately force us to once again change our class schedules.
We have new class times for Zoom and Live in-person Classes.
You will be allowed to attend two (2) Live classes a week as well as continuing the Zoom classes as well.
We understand that this may affect you but please understand we have to change with the requirements that we are given.
The following is our Temporary new schedule Starting Monday, June 8th.
2. This will take you to a login screen for our Karate Edge App via browser mode (please note you cannot currently schedule a reservation through the actual APP, you must use this web browser link.
3. Login. If you don’t currently have a login for our APP you can create one at this time. Our studio code for login is 2532013343.
4. Click on the 3-line symbol in the top left corner for the menu drop down —> Click class schedule –> Click the Class option you need to reserve —> Pick the time you want —> Complete the Participant information and click Register.
Each student may pick 2 in-person classes to reserve each week. Once a Class is full it will no longer show up on the calendar.
Cancellation is required if you are unable to attend a class. If you will not be attending a class you are registered for, it is your responsibility to cancel registration with enough time to allow someone else to take your place in that class.
BEFORE YOU CAN ATTEND ANY IN-PERSON CLASSES YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THIS LIABILITY FORM.
Please remember that Students may also continue to utilize the Zoom classes if they would like extra training.
For now, A Classes are Monday-Wednesday, B Classes are Thursday through Saturday. A & B Classes are how we show the different class lessons/skills taught for the week. Pick one A class time and 1 B Class time.
Thank you for partnering with us, and showing patience and encouragement throughout this process.
We would not be who we are, or where we are without you.
We are also working with the Health Department on qualifications and requirements in the hopes of starting our Summer Camps soon. We will let you know within the next few weeks how that will play out.
We understand that these new policies will make it difficult on parents and students especially our families with siblings and multi-student families, however, we have high hopes that we will be able to transition into phase 3 with new rules by the end of June.